Looking for fun, winter-themed math practice? This collection of hands on activities and interactive practice worksheets will help your youngest learners subitize, recognize numerals, count, add & subtract within 20.
Use simple materials such as marshmallows or cotton balls as math manipulatives to combine math skills practice and fine motor practice!
This download includes the following activities:
- Hot Cocoa Subitizing Set | matching cards to recognize & subitize numers 1-10
- Hot Cocoa Count to 20 Puzzles | simple matching puzzles to count and recognize numbers to 20. The teen numbers are modeled using “10 and a number” to reinforce a place value understanding
- Hot Cocoa Counting Mats | 1-10 mats include various opportunities to show the numbers, 11-20 mats use ten frames to see each number as “10 and a number”
- Roll the Dice Counting Mats | Simple, single page games for independent practice
- I Spy Winter Counting Booklet | This cute winter counting book allows kids to practice counting and writing the numbers 1-10 and can then be used as a reference for kids as they continue their work with numbers 1-10
- Snowball Math | This hands on activity set allows kids to play with addition & subtraction up to 20 using number bonds and ten frames.
- Solve & Color Set | This low-prep set of practice pages includes color by number practice with addition & subtraction to 10 and addition & subtraction within 20
**Want to see a sample? Click here to see some of the activity pages!**
Have a question? Feel free to reach out directly at email@example.com.
Please Note: This download is intended for personal use in the home or classroom only. You cannot share, distribute or link to this file in any way. If other teachers/parents are interested in using this, they must purchase their own license. Thank you for your understanding and honesty!