Looking for a variety of ways to introduce your kids to adding & subtracting decimals, while providing multiple representations & methods?
This resource collection includes a variety of practice & games to help kids feel confident working with decimals.
Included in this Download:
- Visual Models Practice Pages | Kids solve one problem multiple ways with these pages (10 for addition problems + 10 subtraction problems, 2 versions)
- Pair-Share-Check Practice Pages | Partner practice to compare methods of adding & subtracting decimals | 2 versions-with & without regrouping
- Practice Task Cards | 3 sets of task cards: adding, subtracting + word problems (27 cards total)
- Decimals Dash Game | Low prep, hands on printable board game, where kids practice with base ten blocks
- Sundae Shop Math | Lastly, help kids practice their skills with a real life application activity. In this challenge, kids find the cost of various ice cream cones in the ‘sundae shop.’ (18 problems total)
Plus, there are answer keys for all practice pages and task cards.
With so many different ways to ‘see’ decimals and make sense of decimal operations, kids will feel more confident and even be solving problems mentally!
These activities & practice pages also teach and encourage kids to think about what method makes the most sense and is most efficient for a given problem, while allowing them to articulate their reasoning.
*Please Note: This is a digital pdf download, intended for personal use in the home or classroom only. No physical product will be shipped to you. You may not share, distribute, alter or claim any portion of this resource as your own. Thank you for your honesty!*