Looking for fun practice or review activities to help your students practice a variety of 3rd grade math skills? This bundle is a great way to help kids review math and get up and moving!
This bundle includes 4 different scavenger hunt products that you can use with students in 3rd grade and 4th grade.
Topics Covered in These Scavenger Hunts:
- Addition & Subtraction within 1,000
- Elapsed Time Problems (variety of problem structures)
- Missing Factor Problems & Word Problems
- Rounding 3-Digit Numbers with a Number Line
- Area & Perimeter (including missing side length)
And the best part is, once your students understand how the scavenger hunts work, setting up and using the additional hunts will be super easy!
Each scavenger hunt includes:
- Setup and Teaching Tips
- 10 Scavenger Hunt Problem Cards (half pages)
- Scavenger Hunt Recording Page
- 2 Additional Skills Practice Worksheets (for independent practice)
- Answer Keys for the Hunt and worksheets
How the Scavenger Hunts Works:
The scavenger hunt includes 10 problems for kids to solve. To set it up, post all 10 problems in various locations around your room. Give each student a recording sheet and then you’re ready to get started!
To begin, kids can start with ANY of the problems. They solve it on their recording sheet and then have to FIND the solution somewhere around the classroom.
When they find the answer to the problem, they solve the NEXT problem in the scavenger hunt.
Eventually, they will end up back where they started and they’ll know they have completed the hunt correctly.
Tips for Using This in the Classroom:
- Give kids a clipboard to make it easier to record their work and answers as they move about the room
- Let kids work with partners as they make their way through the scavenger hunt
- If you have a large class, assign kids a starting problem so they’re not all bunched together at the same location
- Collect the recording sheets as an informal assessment of how your students are doing
- Use this as an end-of-unit review, end-of-the-year review or as a substitute activity (be sure to do this with your students prior to leaving it with a sub so students know how it works)
Additional Skills Practice:
Each download also includes 2 additional practice worksheets to provide students with additional, independent practice with the specific math skills.
Use these with students who need additional support and practice, as an individual grade after the whole class activity, or to send home as homework practice.
I hope this provides a fun and easy way for kids to practice these important math skills!
**Please Note: This is a pdf download which you can download and save after checkout. No physical product will be shipped to you. In addition, this is designed for personal use in the home or classroom only. You may not share, distribute or alter this resource in any way. Thank you for your honesty!**