Exploring Integers: Addition & Subtraction Activities
Do your kids constantly forget integer operation ‘rules?’ Skip the rule memorization and show your kids how to make sense of integers using visual models such as number lines, +/- tables and two colored chips.
This collection of activities provides meaningful practice, engaging hands on activities and visuals and simple, low-prep games to practice adding and subtracting integers.
Help your students deepen their understanding and feel confident working with integers with this collection of activities!
Ways to Use These Activities:
- Independent practice
- Partner games
- Math centers
- Math intervention
- End of the year skills review
Included in the Download:
- Exploring Integers Pages (10 problems, explored multiple ways)
- Integer Number Line Battle Game (partner game to practice on a number line)
- Integer Games with Two-Colored Chips (a great visual!)
- Integer BINGO Games (just add a deck of cards and you’re ready to play)
- Integer Clip Card Set (18 clip cards for independent, self-checking practice)
Detailed instructions, teaching tips and variations are included for all the activities to help you explore these concepts with confidence.
Answer keys are also included for the exploring integer pages & clip card set.
*Want to see a sample?*
Please Note: This product is a downloadable pdf file. No physical product will be shipped to you. In addition, this resource is for personal use in the home or classroom only. You may not share, distribute, alter or post this resource online in any way. Thank you for your honesty!