Pattern Block Activities Bundle – Grades K-2 – Shapes, Counting, Logic – PRINT
Looking for hands-on math centers and games that your K-2 students will love? This collection of games and activities with pattern blocks is perfect for a math center. Through a variety of activities, students will explore shapes, counting, logical reasoning and more using a simple tool: pattern blocks.
This bundle includes 4 different products, meaning you save when you purchase them together!
Products Included in the Bundle:
- Pattern Block Challenges – 3 Levels ($5 value): This collection includes 3 different versions to help you differentiate for student needs. Or start all students with level one and gradually move them to the more challenging levels. With these challenges, students use pattern blocks to compose shapes and make pictures.
- Pattern Block Build-a-Shape ($4 value): This collection introduces students to 8 different shapes by building them out of pattern blocks. So they will learn about a shape and different ways to compose that shape. They also count how many of each block they used.
- Pattern Block Build-a-Bug ($4 value): This is similar to the above sets in that students build pictures out of pattern blocks. But it also includes a set of “Spin and Build” games that students can play with a partner or small group. This would be a fun addition to an insects science unit.
- Pattern Block Logic Puzzles ($12 value): This collection includes 40 puzzles that are similar to sudoku puzzles, except using pattern blocks. Students can stretch their logical reasoning skills as they move the pieces around to try and solve the puzzle. A great introduction for little ones!
Using these different options, you can have a wide variety of challenges to pull out throughout the year.
You could also use these with early finishers, as an option in your sub plans or as a fun activity before a holiday break.
Here are some of the math skills covered:
- Shapes, shape names and their properties
- Composing shapes using pattern blocks
- Counting & 1-to-1 correspondance
- Logical reasoning
This is a great, hands-on way to help students explore and play with math and also build their visual-spatial skills!
**Please Note: This is a pdf download which you can download and save after checkout. No physical product will be shipped to you. In addition, this is designed for personal use in the home or classroom only. You may not share, distribute or alter this resource in any way. Thank you for your honesty!**
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.